Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy 100th Post to me!!

Hi All,

Today is a fun day for me - it's my 100th post on my blog!  Yay!!  To celebrate, I've used this week's sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and one of my favourite stamp sets.  Of course, I got my preorder items last week from the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue which starts June 2nd and I had to share some of those items.

Seeing as we've made it to another Monday, that means it's another great sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  Check out the sketch below.  Also, make sure you head over to the blog and check out the rest of the Design Team creations on Wednesday.  Till then, head over and play along, we would love to have you!!

Here is the sketch:



And here is my creation:




I am absolutely in love with the new Bohemian DSP that will be available on June 2nd - the colours are just amazing.  They are so rich and bold and so much fun!

You'll notice that I embossed the sentiment in white on a basic black card stock and then coloured over the embossing using Blendabilities.  I am super disappointed that these have been discontinued but I understand when there were problems with quality and it is better to discontinue than have a lot of unhappy customers.  I will, however, continue to use mine.  I love them!

This week is "Anything Goes" over at Seize The Birthday, so I will also be entering this card there as well.


Card Recipe (all products used are Stampin' Up! products unless otherwise indicated):

Card Stock: Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Island Indigo, Bohemian DSP
Stamp Sets: Amazing Birthday
Inks: Versamark, Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, Coastal Cabana Blendabilities, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities
Tools/Techniques: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Mosaic Embossing Folder, Blackberry Bliss Thick Bakers Twine

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this bold, vibrant color scheme! Awesome card!! And a very happy 100th post to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100th!!! It is so rewarding to reach those milestones. I love that stamp and your coloring over the white embossing is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete