Wednesday, March 12, 2014

For the Newlyweds!

Hi Everyone,

Another post for tonight!  I wanted to share with you another card that I created during our mega card marathon last weekend.  Oh what a fantastic night that was!  This is one that I finished up after the ladies went to bed...I am a sucker for punishment!  But, apparently, good ideas come to me at 4:00am!! lol

Have I mentioned lately how much I absolutely love challenge blogs??  I don't think so...so I guess I should put it out there... I LOVE THEM!  So much inspiration and the blogging world in general is just so supportive.  If you are out there just kind of lurking, you need to start into this crazy world.  It is amazing.  Ok, I'll come down off my little soap box now.

But, speaking of inspiration...my 4:00am inspiration came from the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge this week.  The sketch really spoke to me.


This card actually started out as something completely different and someday my idea might make it to a piece of cardstock so I'll save that one for now... ;)  But, after a lot of hmmm-ing and haaaa-ing, I decided to go with the colours from the new and revamped CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  It was quite an interesting idea to me.


I have also decided to enter this card in the Addicted to Stamps & More challenge for this week.  Who doesn't love an "Anything Goes" challenge?  

GRAB OUR BADGE!

So, here goes, here is my card:





The centre flower is a combination of an image from the Flower Shop and Petite Petals stamp sets.  Both images are heat embossed using Smoky Slate embossing powder and the petals are curled using a bone folder.  They are then popped up with a dimensional.  To finish the flower off, a pearl is added to the centre.  In fact, pearls of varying sizes are added to the centre of all of the flowers on the stamped images on the card to add a little bling and make it even more elegant.

Card Recipe (all Stampin' Up! products):

Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Versamark
Stamp Sets: Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Tools/Techniques: Pansy Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Modern Label Punch, Heat Tool, Smoky Slate Embossing Powder, Basic Pearls, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder

Thanks for dropping by,

Steph

7 comments:

  1. Love this design Steph, maybe I should set my alarm to get up at 4am and see what I can come up with LOL! Love how you've stapmed some of the images and popped some up, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Steph!! I think we need to have another crafting marathon soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so lovely & striking! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - I love the overlapping flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shades of grey. lol I really like how you popped up the flowers for an extra bonus. :) Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That flower looks so lovely! Pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so elegant done in shades of grey!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete