Monday, March 10, 2014

Wedding Congrats!

Happy Monday Everyone!

I trust you all had a wonderful weekend!  I did.  I spent some time this weekend celebrating some birthdays with some very special friends.  We spent Friday night together crafting until the wee hours of the morning on Saturday.  Between the three of us, we managed to create quite a number of cards.  We also got to enjoy lots of food and some libations so it was quite fun. :)

This morning I want to thank the ladies over at Sunday Stamps as my beach themed "H is for Happy" birthday card was chosen as one of the top picks this week.  Thank ladies!  You can check out my card HERE!



The first of the cards I will be sharing with you from our crafting session on Friday night is a card I created for my Husband's cousin who will be getting married next month.  I took the inspiration from her beautiful wedding invitation.  I photographed the back so you all could have a look:



I was lucky enough that this week over at CAS - Colours and Sketches blog, the challenge was to use Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Crushed Curry.  I thought this would work perfectly with my ideas for this card.


I was also in love with this week's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  The card easily came together after this...

From all of this inspiration, here is the card that I created:




To create some of the lighter colours, I simply stamped off using both the Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant inks.  I love how the "splatters" look using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set from Stampin' Up! - don't you?  I think this will become one of my favs!

Card Recipe (all Stampin' Up! products):

Card Stock: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Crushed Curry
Stamp Sets: Secret Garden, Gorgeous Grunge, Label Love
Tools/Techniques: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Artisan Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for dropping by!

Steph

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steph, Thanks for calling by sweet lady xx I hope to be a better blogger now i have a little more time ;o)
    sounds like you had a great craft time..nothing nicer than friends, food and crafts.
    Love the card, The colours are beautiful and love that stamp.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card - what a great way to personalize the card! Thanks for playing along at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love those colours together, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in with the colour challenge at CC&S this week, lucky it fitted in with the wedding! Love the spatters you've made with Gorgeous Grunge (my fave stamp at the moment)

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete