Wednesday, March 5, 2014

H is for Happy

Hi Everyone!

First, I wanted to take a few moments to thank the ladies over at Dynamic Duos as my Shaving Cream Card was chosen as one of the Runner Ups last week.  I really appreciate it!  If you would like to see my card, click HERE.



Now, what makes me happy?  Thinking about the East Coast certainly does!  And this card certainly reminds me of the East Coast and where I grew up!  I really like this new High Tide DSP from Stampin' Up! and thought it would make a great birthday card.  I also thought that a great way to showcase more than one sheet of it would be to use the fantastic sketch over at Sunday Stamps.


And, seeing as I decided to create a birthday card, I decided to enter my card in the Anything Goes challenge over at Seize the Birthday.


Here is my card for both of these challenges:





A fellow blogger mentioned that this card would also work with the sketch over at Unscripted Sketches this week.  I agree as it is very similar to the one above!  I will be linking my card up to this challenge as well.  This will be the first time that I will be playing with the ladies over there, I am very excited to find this new challenge blog as I LOVE sketches!!!  Thanks again Kimberly - check out her blog - Weinerhoneymooners.

Sketch246

Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up! products):

Card Stock:
Whisper White, Pacific Point, High Tide DSP

Ink:
Summer Starfruit, Pacific Point

Stamp Sets:
Occasions Alphabet, By the Seashore

Tools/Techniques:
1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - Pacific Point, Neutral Candy Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals


Thanks for dropping by!

Steph

7 comments:

  1. This is very cool, I LOVE anything beachy! I just wanted to thank you for following ,e on my blog, means alot!! I will be looking over your blog too and seeing all of your creativity!

    This card could link up to Unscripted Sketches too! Very similar sketch, will work nicely to share there, I would love seeing it shared. So cool! Love all of the DO choices, and I will go back and look at your shaving cream technique more - cool! (My husband does NOT shave, he trims, he is heavily bearded - LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way this turned out Steph! Definitely has me longing for some beach time! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps and Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you used the DSP for this sketch! It is such a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph, I've never left the East Coast and can understand how you miss the beach. I love the DSP you used and the birthday nautical theme you've created. It looks terrific in the Sunday Stamps sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this fortnight--please play along with us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Steph. Love the papers you've used - especially the one across the top! Thanks for playing alone with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love all the dsp you used, great nautical card! The pacific point ribbon looks awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete